Mom arrived on Wednesday. Thankfully, Mopsy and Pop-Pop were able to pick her up from the airport for me since Ken and I were both working. This was the start to a jam-packed, fun-filled few days. Since our condo in PVB is only 2 bedrooms, Mom was gonna have to sleep on the couch, which she said later was actually pretty comfortable. However, Mopsy did bring an air mattress. Ken and Pop-Pop took over blowing it up (Mom and I could never really get it to fill properly), however Mom was insisting she was fine to just sleep on the couch. It was a good thing she did end up sleeping on the couch. The next morning this is how the air mattress looked.
Air Mattress Fail
Later that evening, Mom gave us our Christmas gift...early! We didn't have hers yet, but she insisted, and boy were we excited! A new Ipad 2! "Our pad" as I like to call it since she got it for us to share. We had the original, and now we each have our own. Since the white frame is a little girly, I told Ken I would take one for the team, and primarily use the new one. It really is awesome to have the 2nd version. We can face time/skype now, and that actually works pretty well on the Ipad. We were able to see all of Ken's family using it-Thanks Mom!
I'm holding "our pad" to share ;)
Please excuse our Pajamas
We had a huge pasta dinner since we were all starting Thanksgiving morning bright and early...my first half-marathon. I have done races in the past, but this was a huge step for me...13.1 miles! I was finally able to train all the way through and make it to the big day with no real injury to speak of, which was relieving since I have had problems with that in the past. I was nervous & excited all at the same time. My Dad had given me a great pep talk the night before, and I think I was really looking forward to the big meal we had planned after the race (and I think everyone was looking forward to the nap we had planned, since we were up at 4:30).
Ken and my Mom were taking pictures throughout the race
They were dressed for the occasion!
Mile 13...finally!
Ken is my biggest cheerleader!
My mom and Ken were great supporters! It was pretty chilly if you weren't running that morning, and I really appreciated them being there. Ken was texting me throughout the race...my husband is such a great motivator! In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I have to say how thankful I am that I have the ability to run. I am definitely not be the fastest and I have a lot of improvements to make, but I really really enjoy it!
After the race, we enjoyed just hanging out and relaxing prior to dinner.
I love that Ken is wearing shorts at the end of November
I don't know if people would consider me a bad host, non-traditional, or smart....but I decided I wasn't cooking this Thanksgiving and Ken agreed. For 5 people I just didn't want to stress over it, so Ruth's Chris invited us instead! We had a fabulous meal, great company and a wonderful time. I did miss the "homey" feel that Thanksgiving always brings, but this was a nice change up since there were just a few of us. Just to clarify, I would never trade being at home with everyone for Thanksgiving though!
We had a great Thanksgiving here in Ponte Vedra, but really missed everyone at home in Texas. We hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving too!
The next day we headed to Paula Deen's restaurant...more to come about that yall!
No comments:
Post a Comment