Anyhow, Mopsy and Pop-Pop arrived in beautiful Ponte Vedra and were greeted by a rain storm...typical Florida. I cooked a big meal and then off to the ever so "golf famous" TPC Sawgrass. Such a great experience for both of them, but Pop-Pop was loving it! Anyone who follows golf knows of The Players Club. I am so glad we were able to take them there to experience it! We had drinks, enjoyed the beautiful facility, and had the best mini skillet cookie you can imagine.
I know I have spoken of this cookie before, and it may just look like a simple dessert, but trust me...
it.
is.
amazing.
So amazing that now when Ken and I go to TPC they don't even give us a dessert menu anymore...if it wasn't such a fabulous, warm, gooey, chocolately, sweet, hot dessert in a mini skillet, I might be embarassed by that...I won't be able to cut back on running anytime soon if I plan to keep eating it!
Sunday, we took Mopsy and Pop-Pop around Ponte Vedra, and then to Mayo to show them where Ken works. Mopsy was dying to see an alligator. She saw a few from afar in the water, but they don't swim up to us as much in these "cooler" months it seems.
That really is an alligator
No one can come to Ponte Vedra and go without visiting Palm Valley Fish Camp (sorry you missed it this time Mom). I don't even like seafood, but I enjoy theirs. If you can deal with a little noise the food is worth it....now that we have been there at least twice a month since we arrived in FL, we finally found out you can BYOW! The restaurant has a beautiful view as it overlooks the intracostal waterway.
The Intracostal Waterway
Before wine :)
The next few days Ken and I had to work. However, I did have Tuesday off (work was for some reason really slow). Mopsy and I went shopping, and Pop-Pop took us to lunch. We were off to a great start to the Thanksgiving holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment