Kaminski Life

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mom's Visit

Last week was a week of firsts-- Mom, Clayton & Connor came for the week (our first visitors), and Ken started his fellowship at Mayo!

Isn't my husband handsome!

Mom and the boys arrived, and we hit the pool! We spent much of their vacation here just relaxing, and we had the pool to ourselves most of the time.

The beach was pretty awesome too...it was pretty warm last week here in FL (nothing like TX, I'm sure) and the ocean was so refreshing!



We did a lot of cooking and Ken grilled for us too....but for Mom's Birthday we went out for a "Florida" style dinner....Palm Valley Fish Camp. This place is raved about among visitors and locals in Ponte Vedra and was extremely crowded for a weeknight, but was definitely worth it! Great service, fun atmosphere and fabulous food...the Conch fritters were delicious!



Clayton and Connor couldn't come all this way to Florida and not go to Orlando.....Islands of Adventure is a must see for everyone, but especially kids! The technology and the effort/money that has been put into that place is amazing. I wish the fast pass had been invented when I was a kid!




There is a ton of hype over Harry Potter. It has it's own section, and people really go all out in there (it is one of those things you have to see, but I am pretty sure there were people in full on outfits)! I will admit...the ride was so advanced in technology that we rode it twice; and the frozen Butter Beer was sinful!

On their last day we went to the beach. Ken had found out from his co-workers that there is a place to park that provided a more "secluded" beach area...still only a few miles from the house, and totally worth all $3! 



We had a great, relaxing, fun week....we hope to have many more visitors!







3 comments:

Vanessa Whitman said...

I know that Miss Gail definitely needs to visit. And of course go to Orlando too!I glad to hear the boys had fun. I miss Clayton! I had a blast with him around the office this summer. Love and miss you!

Dana said...

We had so much fun. Love and miss you both!

Anonymous said...

Can I be your next visitor?

P.S. BTW, you know how to ROCK a bathing suit!