Kaminski Life

Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Weekend Wrap-up

We had a great first weekend here in Ponte Vedra Beach. Friday night we wanted to do as the Floridian's do, so we walked over to the beach and watched the sunset. What could be a better date than that...and basically free! We shared a great bottle of wine, and I think it is a date we will have often.


These aren't the best pictures..I only had my I-Phone with me

Ella also got her first haircut here in Florida....she looks so cute, but Ken keeps asking where Ella went, and who is this Rat? She looks so skinny when her hair is short, but it is so hot that I think she likes it better this way.



We spent Saturday afternoon lounging at the pool. We are just steps away from the neighborhood pool, and it overlooks the lake. They have a small deck connected to the pool area that you could jump from to get into the lake...however, there is this sign too....

                                              
Ken had a great time lounging...we happened to have the pool all to ourselves too!

Rough life

Saturday night Ken took me to Restaurant Medure for my birthday....AMAZING! We went there back in February, and I will go back as often as he will take me. They have the most amazing Foie Gras I have ever eaten and fantastic service. A great birthday topped off with beautiful birthday flowers--I have the best husband ever!


Today I prepared a lot of baked goods for my Mom and the boys. I finally got Mrs. Morlock's Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. In Mansfield, when I was in high school, she was famous for these...after catching up with her on Facebook, she kindly shared the recipe with me!


Tomorrow my Mom, Clayton, and Connor will be here...more good times to come!

2 comments:

Coco said...

Poor Ella! So glad Dana will be there when Ken goes to work tomorrow. Looks like y'all are having a blast! Hopefully they'll pick up kens car tonite!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog idea! I will definitely be keeping up with you! Wanted to get on and say, "You guys are the BEST!" We absolutely LOVED the wine glasses. So very sweet of you to think of us! And sorry I missed your birthday! At least I'll have something to remind me of it every year now! Miss you much!