I can't believe September has already come and gone....We have already been in PVB for 2 months! Anyway, last weekend Ken and I went to visit the "very trendy" San Marco...an area near downtown Jacksonville...Cute little area with a lot of restaurants, fun outdoor areas for coffee and wine, and several neat looking shops (we just window shopped, since most of them were closed at that time).
Then to Bistro Aix, pronounced "X", for dinner. This was recommended by someone at work....definitely a pretty outdoor space with a very unique style inside....It was almost like modern meets french bistro.
I was told that Bistro Aix is known for their desserts, so you can imagine that we found it a little strange that you can BYOD (bring your own dessert) and just pay a fee like you do for the wine. Anyhow, I have a major sweet tooth and was looking forward to this part in the dinner from the moment we arrived!
I will say, the dinner part of the meal didn't quite live up to our expectations (steaks cooked in Texas cannot be beat so far), but I would have paid double for the Creme Brulee.....probably the best I have ever had...seriously! Ken agrees too....he ordered this rich chocolate lava cake, which we did manage to scrape off of the plate, but the creme brulee had the most amazing flavor and so smooth, and real vanilla bean in it--I had to refrain from asking for another!
This is how they bring you the check...pretty cute!
Ken and I have really been trying to enjoy our time in this beautiful tropical place....I will say that it is relaxing waking up to this--beautiful...anyone want to visit??
Ken and Ella seem to be enjoying themselves...
Some very generous and dear friends of ours have offered for us to go to Costa Rica with them in January, along with some great friends from Texas--going to be an awesome way to see some of the people we have been missing so much. So........we have been walking a lot more to make sure that we are swim suit ready! This is good exercise for Ella and Ken and great cross training for me :) I don't think anyone could get tired of these beautiful, lush green areas in Sawgrass; we also saw a little bit of wildlife along the way!
I love the sky in this picture
He is just walking down the road...no big deal.
I don't know if I have mentioned it, but it rains....it rains A LOT here.....Ella is fully prepared though!
This is really the only way she will go out to go to the bathroom when it is raining...it actually keeps her pretty dry!
That's all for now...I hope everyone has a great week!
4 comments:
So glad to hear both of you and Ella have been adjusting well. Hard to believe the time is passing by so quickly. Nothing new back here albeit the weather has changed for the better. It has actually felt a little like northern California at night! Anyway, miss you both and we love you much!!! Oh, by the way ---glad you liked the wine--we received the card--very nice! And Cakebread is a great winery and known very much for there great wines. Mama D loves the Chardonnay!! Dad
ella is so stinkin' cute in that raincoat!!! xoxo, s
p.s. mmm.... cakebread!
So good to read your blog. I'm glad you guys are getting adjusted. That Cakebread is good.
Costa Rica, here we come!! Woo-hoo! Love your blog. Hope to come visit and see all the beautiful places you have been enjoying. Sure do miss you. Rhetoric is just not the same without you! :(
Post a Comment